problem with dialog-item border-p

I found the following problem - is it a bug?

I create a window and add a button-dialog-item (with border-p nil):

(setq win (make-instance 'window)
(setq btn (make-instance 'button-dialog-item
            :dialog-item-text "test"
            :view-container win
            :border-p nil))

The button appears with no border.  I then disable the button:

(dialog-item-disable btn)

The button is disabled, but the border appears!

If I have the window redrawn (cover and the uncover the window),
the border goes away.

(The problem occurs with both enabling and disabling.)

Is this a bug?  Do I have to hack "dialog-item-disable" (i.e. add an
invalidate-view or something somewhere)?

thanks,
daniel