[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: mcl features
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steven Vere)
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 17:52:44 PST
I am prospecting for a lisp implementation on an affordable
computer. Could you answer a couple of questions about mcl?
1) What is the maximum virtual memory size with which it is reasonable
to run mcl? I saw a reference by someone in comp.lang.lisp.mcl to a
150MB image size. For the sake of discussion, let's assume I have
32MB of RAM. Ideally, I would be interested in images as large as
200MB. Is this possible or realistic in mcl?
2) Does mcl support multitasking?
3) Can you provide any rough comparisons of the speed of mcl running
on a top-of-the-line apple computer vs. some other common (but of
course more expensive) hardware/software combinations, such as a
Sparc2 running Franz, or one of the Symbolics computers running
Thanks very much.