[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is there a macro (with-no-gc...) Should there be?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Is there a macro (with-no-gc...) Should there be?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Fen Labalme)
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1993 17:32:57 -0800
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: (email@example.com)
bc> The idea seems appealing to me, a Lisp-like "take a deep breath and..."
straz> Avoid allocating new storage in the critical
straz> section of code by preallocating everything your algorithm needs
straz> before entering it.
kinda like saying "Finite Storage Considered Harmful"
(I believe this was the subtitle of a paper from one of those LMI folk...)
Fen Labalme for EFF info, email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Broadcatch Technologies for LPF info, email <email@example.com>
<firstname.lastname@example.org> for CPSR info, email <email@example.com>
415/731-1174 protect your freedoms! PGP Key ID: 1024/0AF8FD
Copyright 1993 Fen Labalme. You may redistribute only if your recipients may.