Re: Is there a macro (with-no-gc...) Should there be?

bc> The idea seems appealing to me, a Lisp-like "take a deep breath and..."

straz> Avoid allocating new storage in the critical
straz> section of code by preallocating everything your algorithm needs
straz> before entering it.

kinda like saying "Finite Storage Considered Harmful"

(I believe this was the subtitle of a paper from one of those LMI folk...)

Fen
~~~
Fen Labalme                for EFF info,  email <eff@eff.org>
Broadcatch Technologies    for LPF info,  email <lpf@uunet.uu.net>
<fen@comedia.com>          for CPSR info, email <cpsr@cpsr.org>
415/731-1174               protect your freedoms!  PGP Key ID: 1024/0AF8FD

Copyright 1993 Fen Labalme. You may redistribute only if your recipients may.