Spreadsheet-like editor?

Someone somewhere must surely have written some code they would like to share
that displays a table of values and allows the user to select individual table
entries and edit them in-place.  I looked on the CD-ROM but could not find one.
Could someone point me at one if it exists?

I am pretty sure I could build one out of table-dialog-item and a single
editable-text-dialog-item that moves to sit on top of the table element when it
is selected, but if there is already a better (or even debugged version of same)
solution around, I'd be happy to use it.

Thanks.  --Pete Szolovits