Trying to run Hyperlisp on

Subject:   Trying to run Hyperlisp on a Powerbook 160
Has anyone successfully run Joe Chung's Hyperlisp environment (from the MCL 2.0
CD) on a Powerbook 160?  I recall that there were problems running MIDI Manager
on some of the Powerbooks, but can't remember the details...

I'm having problems running under MCL 2.0.1, Hyperlisp 2.1f, MIDI Manager 2.0.1,
and System 7.1 on my PB160.  The hyperlisp.lisp file loads fine, but when I try
to call (hyperlisp-initialize) I get the following error:

? (hyperlisp:hyperlisp-initialize)
> Error: Array index -2900 out of bounds for #<SIMPLE-VECTOR 4> .
> While executing: MIDI-MANAGER:SYMBOLIC-PORTTYPE

The stack backtrace looks like:

0: CCL::%ERROR
1: MIDI-MANAGER:SYMBOLIC-PORTTYPE
2: MIDI-MANAGER:MIDI-GET-PORT-INFO
3: MIDI-MANAGER:MIDI-CONNECT
4: HYPERLISP:MIDI-CONNECT-HYPERLISP-TO-APPLE-DRIVER
5: HYPERLISP:HYPERLISP-INITIALIZE
6: CCL::TOPLEVEL-EVAL
7: CCL::READ-LOOP
8: TOPLEVEL-LOOP

Inspection of the stack backtrace led to here (from Hyperlisp 2.1f:kernel:midi-manager.lisp):

(defun midi-get-port-info
           (clientID portID &key (get-timebase t)   (get-connections t))
  "Returns the type and (normally) the timebase and a list of connections"
  (let* ((info (#_MIDIGetPortInfo clientID portID))
         (porttype (symbolic-porttype (rref info MIDIPortInfo.portType)))

When I switched to PatchBay (which was already running), Hyperlisp had
successfully signed in (at least there was the Hyperlisp icon).  Other possible
complicating factors were that I had Opcode OMS MIDI inits also in my Extensions
folder, but I don't think this is a problem.

I tried sending mail to Joe Chung at joe@media-lab.media.mit.edu, but it
bounced.  Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Rodney Daughtrey               Domain:  rodney@pro-solution.com
Proactive Solutions Inc.         UUCP:  uunet!proact!rodney
5314 S. Yale Ave., Suite 402    Voice:  918.492.5199
Tulsa, OK  74135                  FAX:  918.492.5193