defsystem ?

   I'm interested in using a defsystem utility in MCL - I'm new
  to MCL so maybe one already exists -- I've tried porting Mark
  Kantrowitz's Defsystem (a portable Make Facility for Common
  Lisp) -- but after a couple of hours of foolin' with it I decided
  to ask around before messing with the code any further.
  I have a pretty big set of modules to load and the nice thing
  about defsystem is being able to set dependencies.  Any suggestions?

    Peg