[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Doug Currie, Flavors Technology, Inc.)
- Subject: Re: sizeof
- From: email@example.com (Peter Szolovits)
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 01:30:06 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
>This reminds me... I've heard it said that
> "LISP programmers know the value of everything and the cost of nothing."
>Anybody know the origin of this statement?
It's one of Alan Perlis' gems. Perlis was a leading early computer
scientist who did a lot in programming language design and analysis, and
died about a half-dozen years ago, when he was on the faculty at Yale. My
favorite of his many aphorisms was:
"Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colon."
- Re: sizeof
- From: email@example.com (Karsten Poeck)