[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How's that again?
- To: "Mark A. Tapia" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How's that again?
- From: Joanna Bryson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 13:20:48 EST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Mark A. Tapia's message of Tue, 1 Feb 1994 09:49:47 -0500
> Some stylistic remarks are in order.
Er, isn't it quite likely he posted a deliberately simple example?
Thanks for exposing "ignorable" -- I'd never heard of it.
> Unless you intend to reference x in the body of the dolist form, you
> should use dotimes or loop.
> (defun foo (list)
> (loop for i from 1 to (length list)
> do (print "Hi")))
> Also, please choose variable names that mean something. For example,
> use "list" instead of "l" and "el" (or "element") instead of "x".