Quick Time, JPEG boards and MCL

We are experiencing serious performance problems when trying to
playback in MCL Quick Time movies captured(*) and played back with a
JPEG board (Digital Film from Supermac, 60 fields version). We are
using the qt-objects interface.

Performance were fine (not great) with the 30 fields version but now
it's so bad that we can't even tell the difference when the movie is on
the monitor which is NOT controlled by the JPEG board...Even by
turning off all other applications and Appletalk.

On the other hand movies play well using any of the standard players
like movie-player.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated,

Thanks-

Gilberte

(*) at 320x240 size, normal quality.