Re: PowerPC port?

Peter Shell (pshell@NL.CS.CMU.EDU) wrote:

: Any plans to port CommonLisp to the new Mac PowerPC's?  If not, is there
: a version which I could run in compatability mode?

MCL already runs in emulated mode.  The MCL people have been mum about
getting a native version running on the PowerPC.  I hope they break
their silence soon.  If it isn't upgraded I don't see much of a need
to go with the PowerPC (if you are mainly interested in running Lisp)
unless you need faster Quicktime or Quickdraw.

-Davi