MCL Future

Having used MCL since its Coral days I, too, am dismayed with the
prospects of its future.  It seems unthinkable to me that Apple would
put the future of most of its developer tools in third party hands just
at the point in time when they embark on a transition to risc architecture.
Insanely great applications result from insanely great developers using
insanely great tools.  I don't see Apple's decision in this matter providing
the seeds for insane greatness.

BTW, If Apple is going to abandon MCL on their new machines, why not
release MCL and its sources to the public domain so that those who are
committed to Apple machines and PowerPC processors can provide a future
for MCL.

John

John E. Howland
Computer Science Department