Serial I/O in MCL ?

Hi!
A friend of mine has developped some software in MCL
to handle the results of experiments that are done on
some system driven by a PC. She is now trying to connect
directly the PC to the MAC using the serial connection.
There will be little traffic (maybe a few bytes every ten
minutes or so). We have an easy access to the source code
of the C program that will deliver the bytes on the PC.
We have been looking through the documentation of MCL, and
found no way to read from the serial port. Is this
possible ?
Has someone here already written a C foreign function
to do such a Job ?
Thanks for your replies.

Jean-Jacques Girardot - girardot@emse.fr