[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MCL development.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: MCL development.
- From: Al Reich <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 18:54:28 CST
- Cc: reich@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM
- Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.25]
> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 17:12:17 EST
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bob Hall)
> 5. Having MCL taken over by a software company is probably not the
> right answer either, because said company would HAVE TO make a
> profit from sales of MCL itself, not getting any money from Mac
> hardware sales.
Good point. However, I believe that MCL could be profitably sold by
a software-only company as long as they...
(1) continue to develop it (for the PPC; for the ANSI standard; and
(2) keep it "modestly" priced (as I believe MCL is); and give schools
a break (i.e., get 'em hooked early)
(3) [This is a big one] MARKET IT, FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD !!! (something
Apple didn't even come close to doing).
(4) don't pay Apple through the nose to obtain the rights.
Lockheed - Austin Division