Re: Future Plans for MCL

I would like to add my voice to the those of the legion of dedicated
MCL users who wish desperately to see it continue to grow.   Since
the Coral days MCL has been the development environment for our
software, and has been the sole reason for outfitting the statistical
computing research and teaching facilities at Waterloo with Macs, as
discussed by R.W. Oldford in an earlier post.

There have been some very persuasive arguments and innovative
suggestions in the postings of the past few days, and I urge Apple to
reconsider its decision in light of them.  I would like to congratulate
and thank the MCL development team for an unbeatable product (including
tech support), and encourage them to continue to push Common Lisp
forward in any way they can.

Greg Anglin
Statistical Computing Laboratory
University of Waterloo