[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Does emulation work?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Does emulation work?
- From: email@example.com (David Neves)
- Date: 25 Feb 1994 04:19:20 GMT
- Followup-to: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: The Institute for the Learning Sciences
Question for the MCL group (but everyone would be interested in the
answer). How much has MCL emulation been tested? I ask because today we
tried 3 different MCL applications on a Power Macintosh 6100 and all three
failed. A couple failed with Application 1 errors and one just froze. They
all got beyond the normal lisp startup and failed later (for example one
failed while loading files). They all failed near the beginning -- in
their initialization phase -- and before we could do anything interesting.
All three applications use Quicktime at some point, but there was a
Quicktime extension on the machine. The only other thing we could think of
was a need for SoftFPU?
Maybe the MCL group doesn't want to answer before the Power Macintoshes are
released but others who need to run MCL on the PowerPc should proceed