Re: let's stop whining about MCL and port to Franz for Windows

In article <poeck-280294132729@wina65.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de> poeck@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Karsten Poeck) writes:

   In article <PHILG.94Feb27222638@camelot.ai.mit.edu>,
   philg@zurich.ai.mit.edu (Philip Greenspun) wrote:

   > Has anyone out there managed to hold his nose long enough to start up
   > MS/Windows and run Franz Allegro CL/PC?  Franz claims it is winning
   > (surprise!) and it should run fairly briskly on a Pentium.  If you are
   > developing a commercial application, you'll find a market 5-10X larger
   > on Windows.

   However the MCL development environment is still better than ACL/PC's, so I
   would prefer to be able to develop on MCL and emulate that on ACL/PC.
   Additionally the powerpc market may be even be more attractive than windows
   in the future.

Another alternative for constructing Windows applications is to
develop on LispWorks (on a UNIX System), then use Harlequin's
PC-Transducer to generate a Windows application automatically.
--
        Lawrence G. Mayka
        AT&T Bell Laboratories

Standard disclaimer.