Re: 2.0.1 app crashing with egc and virtual memory on

At  2:55 PM 3/5/94 +0000, Rick Taube wrote:
>I've just installed 2.0.1 and its crashing on me, apparently whenever
>I try to use both (egc t) and virtual memory. I'm on a IIci, standard
>internal video with the MMU3 patch installed, 8 Meg ram, 32bit
>addressing. The error I get is:
>        Bus error at 009FA864
>        while reading long word from 0100000E in User data space
>        no procedure name
>
>        009FAB64 *MOVE.L $000F(A0),D0
>
>My saved application seems to work if I either don't use VM or I
>don't use EGC.  Any ideas what could be causing the trouble?  My
>2.0p2 applications work fine.
>
>        -Rick Taube
>        hkt@zkm.de
>        Zentrum fuer Kunst und Medientechnologie
>        Karlsruhe, Germany

Please try 1) making a copy of your MCL (or saved application), 2) loading
the attached fasl file into your original, 3) running (ccl::patch-ci-si) and when
prompted for the file, choose the copy, and 4) seeing if this now-patched
copy works any better.

If that doesn't work, I'd like to see the output of the following MacsBug commands
when you hit the error:

log crash-info
how
td