Weird bug -- seen before?

Hi. I didn't find this in the FAQ. Has anyone had this problem before?
I'm trying to put up windows containing text. The chunks of text may
vary in size, so I was using default positioning. However, default
positioning seems to work differently (and strangely) with *slightly*
different bits of text. For example:

(make-instance 'dialog
  :window-type
  :document-with-grow
  :view-font
  '("Chicago" 12 :srcor :plain)
  :view-subviews
  (list (make-dialog-item
	'static-text-dialog-item
	nil nil
"Welcome to PEP.
If you want to see this screen again,
click on the 'help' button."
	nil)
	(make-dialog-item
	'static-text-dialog-item
	nil nil
"If y
prefer, please click on the word SCREEN."
	nil)))

The text in the window is positioned well, ie:

	Welcome to PEP.
	If you want to see this screen again,
	click on the 'help' button.

	If y
	prefer, please click on the word SCREEN.

But if the second piece of text is changed to:
"If you
prefer, please click on the word SCREEN."

The second piece writes over the first, ie:

	If you
	prefer, please click on the word SCREEN.
	click on the 'help' button.

WHY??!! Nothing else changes, or is changed. I am confused.

Thanks,

Kim.