[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: hypertext in mcl
- To: Kim Binsted <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: hypertext in mcl
- From: Ernest T Rees <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 18:02:22 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <1994Mar30.email@example.com>
On Wed, 30 Mar 1994, Kim Binsted wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a repeat - the original article didn't appear on
> my machine.
> I'm developing a system which generates user tailored hypertext
> explanations. My code at present is very klunky indeed (with a
> seperate dialog-item for almost every word!), and I was wondering if
> there was a 'standard' mcl way of handling generated hypertext.
The basic way to avoid using dialog items for every word is to print your
text directly on your window and define your own view-click-event-handler
to intercept the mouse clicks and decide which word was clicked on.
It'll be a lot less clunky, but also more work to implement.