[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Questions about getting started
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Questions about getting started
- From: Steve Laufmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 15:41 -0600
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Supersedes: <19940428214041.6.STEVE@[188.8.131.52]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 05:40 MDT
From: email@example.com (Timothy Larkin)
I am starting out on a project to convert a large program written in
Symbolics Common Lisp using Flavors under Genera to run on Mac Common Lisp
with CLOS and CLIM. I have a few questions.
You may want to start with the conversion tools provided by Symbolics. This
will get you most of the way from Flavors to CLOS (depending on what you are
doing in Flavors). See Book 12 in the Symbolics documentation set.
2. Is there a version of LOOP available with MCL? (By LOOP I refer to the
full-blow system of macros that Symbolics supports.) I seem to remember
that a standard LOOP was developing around CL.
Yes. It has most of what the Symbolics loop has.
3. I'm planning to acquire some new hardware for this project, and lean
towards the Power Mac. Is this a dangerous idea? How much RAM will I really
need? (APDA says 4MB. Is this a joke?)
You may find yourself jumping from one sinking ship to the next... We are in
much the same position as you, though we have code in both SCL and MCL. We
are looking at moving to Harlequin's CL for future development.