Future MCL development

A while back, I posted a query regarding the use of MCL with AppleScript.
Rick Fleischmann replied that no further development was planned for MCL.

This brings up a question in my mind.

Will MCL continue to support interfaces to new OS extensions?  For example,
once Quickdraw GX is released, will an MCL interface be provided by Apple?

I realize there will be no further development of MCL per se, but without
interfaces to the new portions of MacOS, the language will rapidly cease to
be a viable platform for the development of advanced software systems.

What is Apple's position on this?

  -- Kaveh

--
Kaveh Kardan