[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Future MCL development
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Future MCL development
- From: kardank@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Kardan Kaveh)
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 1994 12:46:04 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Universite de Montreal
- Sender: email@example.com (Administration de Cnews)
A while back, I posted a query regarding the use of MCL with AppleScript.
Rick Fleischmann replied that no further development was planned for MCL.
This brings up a question in my mind.
Will MCL continue to support interfaces to new OS extensions? For example,
once Quickdraw GX is released, will an MCL interface be provided by Apple?
I realize there will be no further development of MCL per se, but without
interfaces to the new portions of MacOS, the language will rapidly cease to
be a viable platform for the development of advanced software systems.
What is Apple's position on this?