editing quicktime tracks

I'm working on editing individual quickTime track with MCL.
qt-objects-29 has basic editing facilities but only seem to allow for
the cutting and pasting of whole movies and not being able to
manipulate individual video, sound or text tracks.  Any help with this
would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping I'm not reinventing the
wheel.  So far I have been able to enable and disable different
tracks, get information on tracks andI have been able to insert
different tracks into a movie, but what I want to do is paste over
tracks.  For example, I want to insert a different segment of video in
the middle of a current track without extending the duration of the
track I'm pasting into.  If it hasn't been done so already, I'll post
the new code when it's in a reasonable condition.  Thanks.

-dave