Pasting into another app

Dear Folks:

I need my mcl application to paste text and graphics into a word
processor. The first phase, copy to the desk scrap, I think I do
correctly. The second phase, paste to the word processor, I'm not sure
of at all. Looking at Apple's appleevent-toolkit.lisp it seems I
create the target (via choose-appleevent-target,
create-named-process-target, or create-signature-target), create the
event, then send it (via send-appleevent). The second step is where
I'm lost. What parameters do I need to do a "paste" AppleEvent?

I'd appreciate any help on this.

matt