[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Round of Patches?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: New Round of Patches?
- From: email@example.com (Andreas Girgensohn)
- Date: 27 May 1994 20:38:01 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Keywords: n
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: NYNEX Science and Technology
- References: <9405251843.AA23143@federal-excess.apple.com>
In article <9405251843.AA23143@federal-excess.apple.com> firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Strassmann) writes:
>Geez, please don't be so cynical. Kalman's working on a patch to get
>2.01 running on PowerPC, and as soon as it's ready, we'll be very
>happy to post it.
I tried running MCL 2.0 (not 2.0.1) in the trial version of the Macintosh
Application Environment under Solaris 2.3 on a SUN SPARCstation 10.
Unfortunately, it didn't work with or without SoftwareFPU 2.4.5. MCL crashed
with a Type 3 error and SoftwareFPU reported an application conflict. Typing
"(time (* 2 3))" in the Listener crashed MCL every time but some simple things
worked. Would version 2.0.1 have worked (I can't try it because I only
borrowed a SPARCstation with Solaris for a short period of time)? Or will the
new patch help?
NYNEX Science & Technology