Avoiding the use of EVAL

I'm modifying a bunch of code (written by others) and I'd like to
eliminate calls to EVAL. The code is constructing forms which are
written out to a file and sometimes need to be evaluated as well. For
function calls, this is not a problem as I can do:

(apply (car form) (cdr form)) where form is '(+ 1 2 3)

But for macros this doesn't work.

Is there an equivalent way to do this for macros using macroexpand?

  Seth Goldman					Hughes Research Labs
  seth@isl.hrl.hac.com				3011 Malibu Canyon Rd.
  (310) 317-5693 voice				M/S RL96
  (310) 317-5695 fax				Malibu, CA  90265