Re: customizing MCL

At  1:20 AM 6/21/94 -0400, Michael Travers wrote:

>    what is the function that corresponds to M-x?
>    i'd like to bind M-x to a single keystroke.
>
>There isn't a M-x command in FRED, I believe.

That is correct.

>    also, there seems to be no 'describe-key-binding
>    function in fred, as there is in unix (name might
>    not be exactly right).  is this true (i hope not)?
>
>You can do something like:
>
>  (comtab-get-key *comtab* '(:control #\a))
>
>to get the definition for c-a.  There is also a
>comtab-key-documentation function.

There is a comtab-key-documentation function, but it returns
NIL for all of the builtin comtabs. You can use comtab-set-key
to set the function and doc-string for a key binding.

>    and i'd also like to bind C-x to a single keystroke.
>    in emacs, i had to write a small function to do this.
>    does such a function exist in MCL?
>
>I tried this:
>
>  (comtab-set-key *comtab* #\` (comtab-get-key *comtab* '(:control #\x)))
>
>and it seems to work.

That works. You can also do it as follows, since Fred comtabs support
indirection:

(comtab-set-key *comtab* #\` (keystroke-code '(:control #\x)))