Re: view drawing question

>By default, the group view will draw itself on top of its subviews,
>obscuring them. What I need is something akin to set-window-layer, but
>for views.

I think something else is wrong.  Normally, a view's view-draw-contents
only calls all of the view-draw-contents of it's subviews.  If you are
overriding a group object's view-draw-contents to draw say a border, you
need to make sure to call-next method to draw the subviews like this

(defmethod view-draw-contents :around (self group-object)
  ;; draw the border here
  (call-next-method) ; to draw the subviews after the border (i.e. on top)
  )

Hope this helps,

--Rob.