[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Processing TEXT in MCL
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Processing TEXT in MCL
- From: email@example.com (David Evan Jones)
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 11:52:32 -0700
I'm using MCL to extract relevant information from text files. I have
three major problems doing this. Solutions to ANY of these would be
1. How do I tell MCL to open AS TEXT a file that is not type
While the files I need to OPEN with MCL contain ONLY text,
they are not TEXT file types. (They are a text-file-type unique
to FINALE 3.0 -- a music manuscripting program.) When I simply
OPEN and SAVE the files AS TEXT in MS WORD, MCL can process them
just fine. But how to do that in MCL (without using WORD)????
2. How to automatically eliminate commas?
Currently, I simply setq the contents of the file as a list,
cdr thru the list, and extract what I need. This works fine
AFTER I search (using the SEARCH & REPLACE WINDOW) and eliminate
all commas. How to automate this process?
3. As far as I can tell, MCL is completely case-insensitive. Is
there any way around this??? Is there a way for MCL to
distinguish between upper and lower case in this text-file???
Thanks in advance!
David Evan Jones Music Dept.
Professor, Music University of California
DEJ@CATS.UCSC.EDU Santa Cruz, CA. 95064