[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
am I stupid? I crashed my Mac 10 times with 9 lines of code.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: am I stupid? I crashed my Mac 10 times with 9 lines of code.
- From: Philip Greenspun <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 94 15:31:08 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Doug Currie, Flavors Technology, Inc.'s message of Thu, 18 Aug 1994 14:19:04 -0500 <9408181811.AA25405@uu3.psi.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
>My version of MacTCP.lisp is dated March 20, 1992 (is this the latest?).
>My version of the system extension is 2.04 (the latest I think).
Be sure you have updated your Ethernet and AppleTalk drivers. Earlier
versions of Ethernet drivers (< 2.5.6) and AppleTalk (< 58.1.2) and MacTCP
(< 2.0.4) have been unreliable and sometimes unexplicably slow, especially
on Quadras with cache enabled. The new versions of the drivers are
available on the Network Software Installer disk v 1.4.2 or better. It was
available from ftp.apple.com, although that server may have been renamed
This is a Quadra 800 and I have 2.5.6 Ethernet and 58.1.2 AppleTalk
and the latest MacTCP, so we can't blame it on that. I still wonder
if my MacTCP.lisp is the latest.