Oodles' te-view & Japanese Language Kit

I'm not really looking for a fix for this, but I thought either the
Oodles or Japanese Language Kit people might be interested:

When the text of an Oodles te-view is set to a string of Kanji
characters in an Osaka font, the Kotoeri mini-window pops up.

This doesn't happen if any one of these is true:

The contained view is a typical dialog-item.
The font isn't Osaka.
The string doesn't have Kanji characters.

There is no difference if the te-view is read-only or not.

It looks like an error in the Language Kit, but I wonder
why only te-views trigger it.

     -dp-