Re: Does MCL work with System 7.5?

At  6:06 PM 9/18/94 -0400, Philip Greenspun wrote:
>Does MCL work with System 7.5?  I'm having some horrendous bugs ever
>since I installed System 7.1.2, a PowerPC card, and a CD-ROM drive in
>my Quadra 800 (some extension makes my desktop folder immutable so
>that, for example, nothing can be thrown into the trash).  I'm
>thinking that rather than debug this, I could just upgrade to System
>7.5 and my world would be a beautiful place.  However, if there are
>known screws with System 7.5 and MCL, I don't want to screw myself
>harder.

There are no known problems with 7.5 and MCL; however, there were also
none with 7.1.2, so it is likely that some extension or init you are running
is the real culprit.  What were some of the symptoms of the "horrendous
bugs"?

If you are trying to run it on the PowerPC, you need to 1) turn off the modern
memory manager and 2) either run without virtual memory or get the MMU5
resource from ftp.cambridge.apple.com and add it to your image (with resedit
or some similar tool).