does your MCL or Mac crash when you try to restart a frame?

I find that if I try to RESTART a frame after fixing and recompiling
the function in question, that I am paid back for my labors by either
a crashed MCL or a crashed Macintosh (this happens about 50% of the
time).

Anyone else have a similar experience?  I used to do this on Lisp
Machines all the time; it was my standard debugging style.  Are there
certain kinds of frames that are OK to restart and certain kinds that
aren't?  Was there a bug fix in 2.0.1 for this (I have 2.0p2 running
on a Quadra 800 and got this bug with both System 7.1.1 and System
7.1.2)?

Thanks,

--

      -- Philip Greenspun

MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
545 Technology Square, Rm 433, Cambridge, MA 02139, (617) 253-8574
Personal Web URL:  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~philg/philg.html
summer address:  PO Box 952, Los Alamos, NM 87544 (505) 665-0131