Compiler Excised

 >   (3) Convince Apple's lawyers you really won't be putting out a competitive
 >       product if they just let you use compile for your set of special cases.
 >   (4) Have your users buy a full MCL license.

Of course, (4) is the best for Apple, from our revenue point of view :)

It's possible to arrange for a deal along the lines of (3), if you demonstrate
that your product is sufficiently noncompetitive with MCL. You need to contact
the product manager, Rick Fleischman (Rick_Fleischman@powertalk.apple.com).