[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re2: Stepping through methods
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffrey B Kane)
- Subject: Re2: Stepping through methods
- From: email@example.com (Bill St. Clair)
- Date: Sun, 4 Dec 1994 10:18:13 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 3:00 PM 12/3/94, Jeffrey B Kane wrote:
>> (trace ((:method karl (string)) :step t))
> Thanks for the hint. I didn't see anything with regard to the ":method"
>keyword in CLtL and since you don't explicitly have to call the trace for
>normal functions, it didn't occur to me that I had to call it for methods.
>Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
It should also work if you (setq *compile-definitions* nil)
before executing the definition of the method that you wish
to step. (trace (<...> :step t) does this temporarily, if
it can find the source for the thing your stepping (this is
why *save-definitions* needed to be true while executing the
method in Karsten Poeck's example).