Re: MCL and Apps

In article <KANDERSO.94Dec15113718@bitburg.bbn.com>,
kanderso@bitburg.bbn.com (Ken Anderson) wrote:

>    In article <4AF1A26102@urz-mail.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>,
>    TWEBER@urz-mail.urz.uni-heidelberg.de (thorsten weber) wrote:
>
>    > Hello,
>    > as Common Lisp-programmer with about three years of experience and
>    > now as new-comer on the Mac, I've got two simple (maybe stupid)
>    > questions about Apple's implementation of Common Lisp, the so-called
>    > MCL:
>    > First, could I build standalones using MCL and, if yes, how big,
>    > fast, ... are these executables ?
>
>    Yes you can write stand alone, double clickable applications in MCL.
>
>    They are big. For example, a simple application with one menu that creates
>    a window and quits is 1.6Mb.
>
> This may seem big, but it is small compared to other MAC applications such
> as FOXPRO, EXCEL, Powerpoint, and Word.

ok, so you're saying that the Evil Empire can write huge applications that
are functionally equivalent to a MCL application with a single menu and
window?

...umm, i guess i'm having a hard time arguing with this... ;-)

seriously, though, our MCL application, which is not nearly as complicated
as say FoxPro, is just over 4M! and that's just the application!

the function you're looking for to save that application is

(save-application ::other-stuff::)

btw, use a different creator code for the application you create to save
yourself untold headaches...

-joey
Joey Gray                       | geek@nwu.edu
School of Education             | (708) 467-1704
Northwestern University         +------------------------------------
**Bandwagon disclaimer:         | "Anybody can cook with gas --
   My opinions are mine, not my |  it takes the French to cook with
   employer's. so there!        |  magnets!" - old newsreel