Graph layout Algorithims

Hello all,

I've been trying to find some references to papers that talk about
approaches to laying out graph data structures.  I don't me things like
bar graphs etc. but I do mean the data structure you learn about in
school.

I've checked many places in bookstores and have never found anything.  I
desperately need to find a few papers on this topic.  I want a few of
them, so I can get a decent overview of the topic.  Maybe someone from
Xerox Parc might also have some info.  They had a very nice graph layout
algorithim in there InterLisp-D enviroment.

Also, I would like papers and code both.....

Thanks,

Sam Griffith Jr.
Staypufed@aol.com