Re: choose-file-dialog misbehaving?

>This happened when I changed from system 7.0.1 to 7.5
>(using mcl2.0.1, Powerbook180c):
>
>choose-file-dialog was placing me in the wrong folder!
>
> (choose-file-dialog :directory "HD160:")
>
>actually put me inside another folder altogether even thought
>the :directory keyword left no doubts!
>
>I found that I could restore normal behaviour by opening up the
>'General Controls' control panel and clicking on the first button
>under 'documents'. However, I believe the factory setting for
>system 7.5 is the second button. This caused me quite a lot of
>trouble, and I'm sure others will find the same.
>
>Do we need a new version of choose-file-dialog, or do we need to
>ask Apple to keep the rug under our feet?

You need to go into the General Controls control panel.  In the bottom
right portion, you'll see three radio buttons inside a frame labeled
"Documents".

To get the old non-Performa behavior we expect, select the top one:  Folder
which contains the application.

The Performa-like bottom selection seems to get in the way, so does the
nice-sounding middle one (which I tried for a while and gave up).

If that's not the problem...sorry.  --John

--
jwbaxter@pt.olympus.net (John W. Baxter)  Port Ludlow, WA