anyone linked the Oracle C libraries to MCL?

I'm running MCL on a Mac and Oracle on a Sun.  I want to get data from
the Oracle database into MCL.  There is apparently a set of C
libraries from Oracle for the Mac that will pull the data out.  I'd
like to know if anyone has actually written the foreign function
interface to the Oracle C libraries.

I'd also like to know what the current state of MCL and C is.  I've
heard that there is only one C compiler for the Mac that works with
the PowerPC and that it isn't compatible with MPW.  I've also heard
that the only C programs that one can link from MCL are MPW programs.
What's the correct way right now to call C from MCL?

Thanks.

(Please respond by email also).

--

      -- Philip Greenspun

MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
545 Technology Square, Rm 609, Cambridge, MA 02139, (617) 253-8574
Personal Web URL:  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/philg/