Re: anyone linked the Oracle C libraries to MCL?

In article <PHILG.95Mar8145734@camelot.ai.mit.edu>, philg@mit.edu wrote:

:
:  I'd also like to know what the current state of MCL and C is.  I've
:  heard that there is only one C compiler for the Mac that works with
:  the PowerPC and that it isn't compatible with MPW.  I've also heard
:  that the only C programs that one can link from MCL are MPW programs.
:  What's the correct way right now to call C from MCL?
The FFI is designed to handle .o files from MPW.  I learned a couple years
ago from Bill St. Clair that Symantec C code couldn't be called because
its library structure is proprietary.  I don't know if that is the case
with Codewarrior.

Anyway, one way of calling Symantec or Codewarrior C code is to generate a
code resource.  MCL can make calls to the code resource.  Of course you
have to determine function addresses when using this method.  There are a
couple of examples (one for Symantec C and one for Codewarrior C) in the
contrib folder at ftp.digitool.com that do the linking for you.
-David