Re: [Q] How do people handle multiple lisp tasks?

In article <v01520900ab83f8961c47@[128.83.204.28]>, osiris@cs.utexas.edu
(Rob Browning) wrote:

|What's the Mac solution; Buy two machines?

Well, you could, and you'd still be ahead of the game $-wise, no?

|  What about making a copy of the
|program on the hard drive and launching the copy (even if it is a waste of
|HD space)?  Will MCL handle this OK?

That's whatcha do...if you've got the horses to do it.  You might want to
play with the fore/back ground ticks numbers so the testing MCL has
more/less cpu time, but if you're timing things...[OTOH, if you're
planning on timing in the background an ap that normally runs in the
foreground, you're already in trouble.]

|It seems that this is kind of a missing capability in the MacOS; I wonder
|if Copland will do anything about it...

Well, I suppose it's a pain to have to have a disk image for each RAM
image, but you're probably gonna run out of RAM before disk space. :-)

--
--