[Q] How do people handle multiple lisp tasks?

I was working on a project and ran into a problem that I had an immediate
solution for under unix, but could think of none for MCL.  I needed to run
a series of *long* tests on a some code, and I also need to continue
developing some other code.  On a unix machine, I'd just fire up a couple
of lisp processes and be done with it.  One would handle the tests, and I'd
use the other for interactive development.

What's the Mac solution; Buy two machines?  What about making a copy of the
program on the hard drive and launching the copy (even if it is a waste of
HD space)?  Will MCL handle this OK?

It seems that this is kind of a missing capability in the MacOS; I wonder
if Copland will do anything about it...

Thanks,

--Rob.