Re: MCL on Performa 630: will it run?

>1) does MCL 2.0 run on this machine? I couldn't find an answer in the
>   MCL-FAQ of the Digitool Inc. WWW pages.

I would think so. It runs on my Powerbook 520, which also has a 68LC040
processor.

>3) or should I forget the Performa 630 and buy a 6100/66? How fast will
>   MCL run on this machine in emulation mode?

I would get the 6100/66. More bang for your buck. I am developing on
a 7100/80, and the performace is okay there (though I sure am looking forward
to the native version so I can show my boss what a truely fast chip can do...
he is a business type overly enamoured by (ugh) Windows.

I think the Power Macs are about the best deal price/performance wise I've seen
for a long time. I think I heard that the target date for the native version
is June. Is that true, guys? That would *really* be great if it were (hint,
hint).

				-- Chris.