Re: Dylan Environment for MCL

>YES!!!  I want this too.  DIgitool & Apple: please retrofit the Dylan
>environment to MCL -- on a PowerMac.
>
>Byron Davies
>Motorola Semiconductor
>R15546@email.sps.mot.com
>(602) 756-6248

>Subject: Re: MCL Divider
>From:    svspire@somnet.sandia.gov@azccsm1 at #EMAIL
>Date:    3/23/95  1:21 AM
>
>.. how about a real revolutionary advance:
>twist-down outline (Finder window-style) views of code like those
>lucky Dylan people have in their environment! How hard can it be?
>They wrote it in MCL :-)
>
>--
>Shannon Spires
>svspire@sandia.gov

Well, I think it would involve more than you suspect.  The Dylan
development environment is project based and keeps a database of its method
and class definitions, etc.  The development environment "Binder" (sort of
a Browser/Finder) knows about projects and accessing relevant bits of code.
Problem is FRED doesn't and MCL isn't project based.

Dylan really does have a wonderful development environment but I suspect
changing MCL to use it would make it difficult to move files to and from
different common lisp implementations (which I think many MCL users
appreciate).  I am however, more sure that it would also take programming
resources that probably are quite busy building the native PPC version.
(but maybe in MCL3.01??)

Tom Bonura

(Standard Disclaimer about these being my ramblings and not the those of Apple)