Re: Dylan Environment for MCL

; changing MCL to use it would make it difficult to move files to and from
; different common lisp implementations (which I think many MCL users
; appreciate).  I am however, more sure that it would also take programming

Yes! I frequently develop code in MCL, then move it to CMU for long
computations that I can run unsupervised, and the fact that a) files
are easy to move, and b) I've never had a problem running lisp I've
written for MCL under other LISPs (excluding Mac specifics of course),
makes me a happy camper. Being able to grab the CPU cycles of a SPARC
20 for my lisp processes is nice, but I'd never give up the MCL
development environment.

; resources that probably are quite busy building the native PPC version;
; (but maybe in MCL3.01??)

I agree. I don't think anything should slow down the development of
the PPC port of MCL. If MCL's speed on a Quadra is any indication, the
PPC version should scream.

; Tom Bonura

Adam Alpern

--