Re: MCL in Academia (was: applications sizes, tree shakers, and the like...)

Excerpts from netnews.comp.lang.lisp.mcl: 25-Mar-95 MCL in Academia
(was: appli.. by Alex@cs.colorado.edu
> Bottom line: we REALLY, REALLY care about SIZE!

Amen, Alex.

We're in a similar situation (although we gave up on fitting in a floppy
or running in 4MB long ago). It's possible to quickly prototype in Lisp
and then comb through the code to make it faster before you release it.
You can make it smaller, too, but you're much more limited here, and
it's basically impossible to fit below 2MB.

Steve