[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MCL in Academia (was: applications sizes, tree shakers, and the like...)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: MCL in Academia (was: applications sizes, tree shakers, and the like...)
- From: Steven Ritter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 16:03:55 -0500
- Organization: Psychology, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
- References: <9503201438.AA13226@herald.usask.ca>
- Sender: email@example.com
Excerpts from netnews.comp.lang.lisp.mcl: 25-Mar-95 MCL in Academia
(was: appli.. by Alex@cs.colorado.edu
> Bottom line: we REALLY, REALLY care about SIZE!
We're in a similar situation (although we gave up on fitting in a floppy
or running in 4MB long ago). It's possible to quickly prototype in Lisp
and then comb through the code to make it faster before you release it.
You can make it smaller, too, but you're much more limited here, and
it's basically impossible to fit below 2MB.