Re: PBHGetVInfo with 4GB volume

At 12:12 AM 4/2/95, Paulus Chu wrote:
>I can get the total number of free blocks and block size from PBHGetVInfo.  It
>works fine
>until I use system 7.5.1 on the PowerPC with 4GB volume.  It returns 2GB as
>total size.
>The Finder tells me 1GB is used and 3GB is available while PBHGetVInfo tells me
>0 byte is
>used and 2GB is available.  Where does the Finder get the volume info?  Is there
>some other
>traps I should use?  Or is there some new system calls from system 7.5??
>
>Anyone has experience with 4GB volume?  Please help.  Thanks.
>
>- Chuey -

See pages 2-46 and 2-47 of "Inside Macintosh: Files" for a description
of how to calculate the free space on a drive. Similar care must be
taken with MCL as with Pascal, since our parameter block records are
derived from the Pascal headers. If you want to send me a code fragment,
I can look at it.

Note that the GetVInfo function in Examples:mac-file-io.lisp does not
adhere to the Inside Mac advice; we will update it in the near future.

- Steve Hain

Digitool, Inc.
                       One Main Street   7th Floor   Cambridge, MA 02142   USA
                              Internet: slh@digitool.com   AppleLink: digitool
                                      World Wide Web: http://www.digitool.com/
                                         Tel: 617 441-5000   Fax: 617 576-7680