with-open-file/FSRead

Is there a way to use FSRead (ccl:examples;mac-file-io) on a file stream
created using with-open-file?  I'm attempting to speed up copying data from
a file stream to a tcp stream.  There is a stream-copy-until-eof function
which gets an INPUT-FILE-STREAM object and a tcp stream object.  I have
access to the tcp data buffer via a mac-ptr, but there seems to be no way
to get the INPUT-FILE-STREAM object to use it.

I have a working method using with-FSOpen-file/FSRead.  I'm just wondering
if with-open-file and FSRead can be used together.

Thanks,

Rick Dukes                                   Director of Engineering
                                             Pine Gulch Data Mine
rad@teal.csn.org                             15956 Pine Valley Road
http://www.csn.org/~rad                      Pine, Colorado
                                             USA           80470-9005