scrolling styled text

In article <lynch-0504951711160001@lynch.ils.nwu.edu> lynch@ils.nwu.edu (Richard Lynch) writes:

   I thought somebody had done did this...?

You might try the package AED that Is included on the mcl CD as
alanr's contributions, or which can be found on the digitool site. It
uses styled textedit and ought to serve as at least a starting point.
You can get a sample window by evaluating the file
example-paragraph.lisp, cutting some styled text into the clipboard
and then executing (make-instance 'sample-aed-window) (except the ae
is a ligature on the key option-" -sorry I was in a certain cute but
annoying phase at the time.) This code is old. I tried it in
mcl2.01 just now, and it gets a menu error, which can be repaired by
(apply 'remove-menu-items *style-menu* (menu-items *style-menu*)).
Caveat Emptor.

ftp://ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib/alanr-mcl2.0cd-contribs.sit.hqx

   Bonus points if I can get styled text.

You can, in a manner similar to that in Microsoft word.

      b  There's no way I can find to turn off the enter == eval feature.

(comtab-set-key *comtab* #\enter #'true)

   -- "TANSTAAFL"  Rich lynch@ils.nwu.edu

-alan