Re: pictures in the editor

In article <v01510103abaa0e5c55e6@[198.112.73.132]> Alice Hartley,
alice@digitool.com writes:
>>1) Is there any way to make colored text in the editor? It would be cool
>>if I could make my comments green. I know how to make them italicized, but
>>not colorcized.
>>

>MCL 3.0 will include the ability to have colored text in the editor.

This will be nice.  It reminds me of an old but fervent wish which
I once posted to this group and which many others seemed to share.

At the considerable risk of feature-itis...

I have always wished to annotate my code with illustrative
diagrams.  It continues to surprise me that no programming
environment, even on the Mac, allows this.

No doubt this poses some incredibly hairy implementation & user-
interface questions, or it would have been done by now.  Right?

Thanks for your attention.

--
Tom McDougal    University of Chicago Artificial Intelligence
     mailto:mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu