Thx almost everyone

Thanks for the dozen+ of you who pointed me to #'describe-object as opposed
to #'describe.

I guess one good thing about Compuserve is that one can always see that a
dumb question has been answered by someone else, to save everyone else the
trouble.

And to the one, um, person uncharitable enough to swear at me ("RTFM") (and
to those you who were kind enough not to <g>): I *did* read a FM
(Keene)--the one I *always* see mentioned as the CLOS bible--and *she* said
#'describe. And when I *did* find that #'describe existed in MCL but was
not a generic function, I concluded (mistakenly--shoot me, OK?) something
non-standard was afoot and turned to an MCL-specific source instead of
digging  further into standard references.

Sorry if I'm over-proacting <heh-heh>. I'm a little burnt. Six weeks ago I
got MCL in the mail and *two chapters* into "Getting Started" I got up,
walked into the programmers' area and stopped the C++ development of
version two of my app, which I now have to complete in three months before
going belly up.

That was a good call. After decades of programming between us we feel like
kids in a candy shop with CL, and we know we have not even seen the half of
it. Every time we look at each other's code we say to each other, "Why
aren't you using #'xyz." "#'xyz?! Lisp has that?!"

So brace yourselves, an occasional boner of a question is going to slip
through our Steele mesh :).

BTW, what's this "car" and "cdr" I see all over the place?

Cheers,

Mad Dawg Tilton